RSS Feed

2/11/2019

Topic Reading-Vol.2497-2/11/2019

Dear MEL Topic Readers,
The strategies that get you through tough challenges
How do you usually encourage yourself do unpleasant tasks, such as work, research, commuting, and household chores? Some may play music or sing songs trying to make the task more enjoyable, or less painful, and others check the goal progress to feel the achievement. But researchers say focusing on the results and outcomes of the task is the most commonly used strategy among successful people, who are usually good at controlling themselves. For example, if I do this, I’ll get the thing I want, or If I don’t it, I won’t get it. In other words, goal-oriented.
How do you manage yourself when you work on an unpleasant task? Do you do it when it is the right time or do it just before the deadline? You don’t mind doing unpleasant tasks at all?
Enjoy reading and think what strategies you usually deploy to cope with challenging tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment