RSS Feed

10/10/2015

Topic Reading-Vol.1277-10/10/2015

Dear MEL School’s Topic Readers,
The Great Six-hour Workday Experiment
Shorter work hours for the same job. Does it sound attractive to you? There are several factors you may think before you answer this question.
First, the amount of the job. Do I have to do the same amount of the job in shorter time?
Second, the pay. Do I get the same pay in shorter work hours?
Third, the days to work. Do I have to work more days to make up the reduced work hours?
Fourth, the balance. Will I be able to keep or improve my work-life balance?
The answer to these questions may vary, depending on the job, work place and environment, and your lifestyle and priority. But it does sound tempting, or at least worth considering, doesn’t it? Or would you prefer working longer hours a day but fewer workdays a week?
Enjoy reading and learning about this new attempt to improve the quality, efficiency, satisfaction in workplaces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment